Procrastination

What is it with deadlines and the overpowering desire to do everything except for what actually needs to be done? I have watched TV shows that really don't peak my interest, spent an obscene amount of time on Facebook, have become all of a sudden interested in drawing again, cleaned my apartment (!), wrapped Christmas presents, and have actually made Christmas decorations to put on the wrapped gifts. But have I studied for my exam yet?

And you know, once all my exams are over and I am free to pursue whatever it is that I want to pursue, I'm not going to want to. All of a sudden, the interest will be gone from wanting to draw or write poetry or catch up with old friends. I'm going to complain to my husband that I'm bored. I may even look forward to going back to school after the holidays. Okay, maybe not.

0 comments: