Here's Lookin' at You, Kid.


I was waiting at school the other day for someone I was selling a textbook to when a girl approached me and asked quietly, "are you Katie?" I was kind of in that state where you're day-dreaming and staring off into nothing, so I didn't answer her at first. She asked again and I snapped back into reality and realized that this girl was talking - but I wasn't really sure if she was talking to me. Her eyes were a little lazy and looking in slightly different directions, so it was really unclear where she was actually looking. Honestly, only about 10 seconds passed where I was completely confused, but it felt like 10 minutes while I squinted at her, trying to figure out where the heck she was looking. I finally realized she was the girl I was meeting and quickly made the exchange and went off to class. I didn't want to look at her again for fear of squinting at her irregular eyes.

1 comments:

bex said...

remember joe who helped out in the caf at school and was in our guitar class? i couldn't look at him or else my eyes would cross and my head would shake.
poor guy.