The Failed Beach Day


Jeremy and I headed to Mooney's Bay Park yesterday to check out the beach, but there ended up being a huge volleyball fundraising event and there were thousands of people crowding the place. We ended up on the reject side of the beach (where there was no beach and no swimming allowed) and we only stayed for about an hour and a half. We'll have to try another day when there isn't thousands of drunk volleyball players around.

The book of the day was "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky. It's inspired by "Catcher in the Rye." It's written through a series of letters by a young high school student named Charlie about his struggle with fitting in and finding his place.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I started reading that one and I put it down...is it worth picking back up?

Katie said...

I would say yes.
I really enjoyed it.
It's not a classic - obviously, but it's a great read about a young man trying to find his way. :)