James

"Consider is a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges comes at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colours." James 1b-3 The Message

If you're anything like me, you don't consider it a "sheer gift" or "pure joy," as the NIV says, when we are tested and challenged. To be quite honest, I consider challenges to be a personal attack, not a means of strengthening my faith. This year has held many difficulties, namely those having to do with preparing to move overseas. I didn't realize how much paperwork had to be done (and how many problems could come of all that paperwork!). I was faced with a lot of challenges when trying to figure out all the little details of everything, and quite frankly, my faith was strained. I broke down on a few occasions, convinced that I wouldn't be able to go to Scotland for school. I never looked to God and asked for His help. And when things worked out, I never even considered to take the time to thank Him. This has definitely not been the year of flourishing faith, but I'm hoping to change that.

I think I'll start with a "thank you."

1 comments:

Beka said...

Don't you love these Bible guys that give us holy smacks? I do.

Love you Katie.